Suddenly backup size reduced to MBs & it's currupt
We installed ERPNext at Grand and the database size increased beyond 55GB within 8 months of usage. Suddenly one day we found that the backup is taken by the system automatically has reduced to jus
· 1 min read
- The backup size was reduced to Mbs whereas a usual backup size was bigger
- When we try to restore the backup over a test site, we found that the backup was corrupt and was of no use.
- It gave an error of "TabDefault" not found something
- The error was found when Ujjwal took a backup using pgdump command.
It gave an error like this: Got packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' when dumping table `tabAccess Log` at row: 147032
- The backup was not happening unless he would increase the max-packet
- Ujjwal was finally able to take backup after manually passing --max-allowed-packet=100000M
mysqldump --max_allowed_packet=100000M -u root -p _8a2a6f48b6f9beb7 > db.sql -v
- I even tried increasing the Max Allowed packet size in 50-server.cnf, my.cnf but of no use. Even after rebooting the server
- Finally, figured out that the system used "/etc/mysql/conf.d/mysqldump.cnf" and not the other cnf files
sudo nano /etc/mysql/conf.d/mysqldump.cnf